Here’s how to make these gluten, dairy and sugar-free muffins—hope your kids love them as much as ours do!
Gluten-Free Paleo-Friendly Banana Muffins
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
2 scoops protein powder (Megan uses Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein.)
1 cup (total) mix-ins (Megan’s family loves half blueberry and half chocolate chips!)
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well (Megan uses a Vitamix blender to save time, but be careful you don’t overmix).
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, and blend again briefly.
- Using a measuring cup, measure 1/3 cup servings into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (insert toothpick to check if done).
- Optional: Spread organic honey, like Bee Keeper Naturals, on the warm muffins. Enjoy!
For more great family-friendly recipes, visit our Food section!